What is meant by Loss?
Loss is defined as:
- Loss of a hand means total severance at or above the wrist;
- Loss of a foot means total severance at or above the ankle joint;
- Loss of sight, speech, or hearing means the entire and irrevocable loss of the function;
- Loss of thumb and index finger means total severance of each at or above the joint closest to the wrist, without loss of the entire hand;
- Loss of use of hands or feet means total and irrevocable loss of voluntary movement;
- Total paralysis of both arms and legs for quadriplegia;
- Total paralysis of both legs for paraplegia;
Total paralysis of the arm and leg on the same side of the body for hemiplegia.