What are the exclusions?
Benefits are not paid for Losses caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly by:
- Physical or mental disease, pregnancy, hernia, or ptomaine;
- Medical or surgical treatment, except surgical treatment required by the accident and performed within 90 days of the accident;
- Infections, except those occurring through a wound at the time of the accident;
- Suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury, whether sane or not;
- War or act of war, declared or not, civil or international;
- Injury while riding in any aircraft not licensed to carry passengers or not operated by a duly licensed pilot;
- Injury while acting as a pilot, student pilot, crew member, flight instructor, or examiner on any aircraft;
- Committing, or attempting to commit, an assault, felony or any criminal offense, or active participation in a riot;
- Voluntary use of any controlled substance as defined by statute, unless used as directed by a physician;
- Operation by the insured of a automobile or boat if at the time of injury, the insured’s blood alcohol concentration exceeded the legal limit; or
Overdose of any medication if not taken as prescribed by a physician.